Monday, February 11, 2008
Monday MadnessI'm starting to hate Mondays. If possible, I would
erase Mondays on my calendar and I would jump right ahead to Tuesdays. If only I could do that...
What so stressful about Mondays, you may wanna ask.
I still have hang-over during Mondays. On weekends, I would spend time with my family and friends...do certain activities that I wouldn't be able to do during school days. Then suddenly, it's Monday--back to school again.
Last semester, I do love Mondays. All my Monday classes were soo cool and lively. However, my Monday schedule this semester was the
worst so far. For instance, I received the result of the unit test that I took last week on my Psychology class and I only got an 82. I was soo disappointed. I was expecting an A+, you know? not that I'm being over-confident or something...I mean, I have devoted a huge amount of time just to study all the materials that we covered on those chapters but what do I got? a
B-.
The exam is an essay type. The questions were about Human Behavior, Value System, Socialization, Individual-worth, Self-worth, Cultural bias. There's one question there that asked on how does a person's value system would influence his/her behavior...well that's an easy question. I'm sure even a fifth grade student can answer that one.
But there's this one particular question that really pissed me off:
Describe three diferences between Poverty class and Affluent class.[my answer]
The way of living - People in affluent class has more responsibility than the ones in poverty class.
Value System - every individual, regardless of the class in which they belong, has different ethical or ideological values.
Health Care Expectations - People in affluent class tends to have higher expectations in regards to health care.I didn't got any credit from my answer so after class, I approached my professor and asked her about it. I don't want to argue with her...I just want to know why she did not give me any credit [1 point would be nice, for the effort.].
So okay..according to her, my answer was
too general. She would atleast give me some points if I narrow it down. you know....give some example to support my statement. Fine. I admit that my answer was too
brief and concise but my golly wow!?!? what does she want me to do? does she want me to consume all the spaces on my test paper? I mean....it wouldn't hurt if she gave me atleast 1 point for my effort! and according to her, my answer was right in the first place. I'm not asking her to give me 10 points...like I said, 1 point would really make a difference. I might as well leave it blank if that's the case. oh God..please help me.
I don't want to hate any of my professors.One of my classmates complained about her score too. She got 79 and she's soo upset about it. My professor just gave her 3 points on one of the questions because my classmate did not put the word
"negative" when we were asked about the meaning of Cultural bias. We truly are on the same boat. Well, we're not dumb. It's just that, my professor is so straight. She got this mentality the she's always right and if you won't agree with her, then you're certainly wrong.
It's her way or no way. Hello? she's teaching Psychology! everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. We may not share the same beliefs and opinions but that doesn't mean I am always right, you are wrong or vice versa. That kind of mindset doesn't apply on this kind of subject. We are all unique individual....ofcourse we have different views and opinions. It's a shame that she choose Psychology as her subject of expertise.
Now I'm starting to be depressed. I promised myself that I will do my very best to be a straight A student this semester. But with this subject...I don't think I coud hold on to that promise.
Yours truly,
Miss Monday-hater
SMILE...you're with me!