Monday, February 04, 2008
Darn it!
Manning brothers back to back Superbowl MVPsSorry about the title of my post. Right now, I was still
dumbfounded by all the chaos that happened last night. I really don't know how to start this...my goodness! what's wrong with me? i feel as if i'm still pumped up since last night!
Oh well..let's start all over again.
I went to Macey's house around 4:00pm so I could watch the first half of Superbowl XVII. It's nice to watch football games with my friends because we're all lively---eventhough we're not in Arizona to watch the live game, we still manage to heat up the Superbowl Party. Would it be nice to watch the Superbowl live? well ofcourse my dear friends..but the tickets were so expensive and I wouldn't spend my fortune on those tickets (plus the transportation).
My comrades (Macey, Chris&Josh [that drove all the way from Midtown Atlanta], Dexther [from Athens], Cedric, Jai, Mackenzie) and I just pretended that we were in Arizona. There's a lot of emotions going around. Who would have thought that
NY Giants would made it through this far...they were at the bottom of the rankings during the season. But those were all just yesterday's talk. They won the wildcard, they beat all the odds that tried to stop them, and they made it through the Superbowl. As for the
NE Patriots, goodness!
the statistics and numbers will speak for itself. Tom Brady broke the record of
Peyton Manning (2006) as for the most touch-downs passed by the quarterback. Randy Moss (running back) broke an old record as well. The Patriots are the best team in NFL! They have perfect NFL season of 18-o. They were unstoppable but let me remind you that during the Giants-Patriots' last encounter, the Giants almost beat the Patriots (I just want to throw it out. haha.).
So anyway...the first half was soo
boring. Both team are just exchanging possessions. The defense of both teams are soo great that they close the first half with just the score of 3-7, in favor of the Patriots. Tom had an ankle sprain a few weeks ago so I guess that right ankle bothered him soo much that he couldn't find his tempo.
All of my friends are on the Patriots' side. Well..that's a given. I mean, who wouldn't bet for the perfect team? Patriots have a great quarterback, they have good coaches..they were the
best offensive team in the NFL. As for the defensive side, the Patriots are doing a pretty decent job too. I still took the Giants' side. I
love Peyton Manning....and I know that Peyton is on the Giants' side. So okay..during the first quarter, when the Patriots scored a touchdown, Jai were telling me that
I could still change my mind before it's too late. I didn't do so. Because if I did, I wouldn't really be happy. I'll be on the Giants' side 'til the end and
no one could change that. I may tell them that I will cheer for the Patriots but
deep deep inside me, I'm still cheering for the Giants.. I was a bit pissed off when they were trying to convince me to change my position. Dexther, on the other hand, joined my rally for the Giants. goodness! my friends we're teasing me and Dex.....all night long. Well I don't want Dex to try to take my side just because he doesn't want me to feel bad. I told him that he doesn't have to be on my side. He still did and that's his personal decision (I guess?). During the first half, Tom Brady wasn't on his own self. He seems a bit
"lost" and confused. He didn't perform as well as I was expecting him. He did okay but there's still something wrong with his attitude last night. He doesn't seem to have the energy...last night, he was soo different. The Tom Brady that I used to see on his previous games is the guy who wants the ball so bad...he was soo aggressive even though he's pressured. He got sacked atleast three times last night. He was brought down by Pulk and Pierce. Actually, I got a bit excited when Pulk sacked Tom. I was laughing and yelling,
"Go Pulk! (with the bisaya accent) Hurt Tom Brady! hurt him!!! yeah there you go!!! that's what i'm talking about..you beast!" haha. My comrades were laughing because I'm the only one celebrating when Tom Brady was being pinned down by the
monster-like defensive line of the Giants. (
*whisper* teka bakit nung tina-type ko na parang hindi na xa nakakatawa? ahh basta nakakatawa talaga yung pagkakasabi ko. just take my word na lang *whisper*)
Like I said earlier, the defensive line of both teams did a
magnificient job on not giving the opponent the chance to score big plays. Giants stopped Tom Brady early on the game so that Tom won't develop a self confidence. On the other side, Patriots'
murdered Eli one time during the fourth quarter when Eli was trying to see who's open on his receivers, there are three huge guys (in blue jersey) grabbing him. Eli managed to get out of the pack and throw the football to the Tyrenes. How did Eli escaped those monsters? I have no idea. But one thing's for sure-If I were on that field, I'm gonna pinch those guys on their cheeks! how dare them hurt Eli like that?
I went home during the half-time break because I'm not soo sure if the game will end on the right time. I have a looong quiz today so I got to head back home. It was soo boring at home. I'm the only one in our house that likes football and they were all sleeping already when I arrived.
I almost had a heart attack on the fourth quarter! Eli scored a touchdown..Tom answered it with a touchdown too. I thought that Tom had finally found his groove and his back on his own self again. Tom seems a little bit alert now compare earlier but the defense linemen of the Giants stopped him again. Two minutes (2:39+ minutes if I'm not mistaken) left on the time clock. The Giants have a possession. This time, the commentators started talking about Peyton (Peyton is seating on the lounge room and they keep on showing Peyton's reactions everytime Eli would touch the football). Peyton was really cute on his tuxedo (he's the guy in black on one of the videos below). According to the commentators, they started to see a different Eli during the last 2minutes of every game that Eli played. He will just suddenly turn into a different person...a more agressive quarterback.
Anyway, Eli scored a touchdown on their last drive. the score now is 17-13, in favor of the Giants. On the video you could see Peyton stand up and soo thrilled that his brother scored his last drive. Peyton seems nervous...who wouldn't be if you're in his situation? he played in this same field last year and he won the Superbowl MVP..who else does he wants to pass his MVP position? he wants his brother to get it ofcourse.
During the interview of ELi, they asked him where he would celebrate the victory and he was like
"I want to go to Disneyland". I wonder which Disneyland...I wanna go there too! in that way I can finally see Eli. haha. Eli won a Cadillac car alongside with his trophy for the Superbowl MVP. Hands down - Eli deserves it! I bet Eli was having a great time driving that car.
~~~~~ Videos Galore ~~~~~I strongly recommend that you watch the following videos on the links below....
Eli Manning highlights:Eli Manning highlights [click here]lookout: On 1:26 of this video, you'd see Peyton seating on the lounge room. You could tell that he's also nervous. On 1:56, Peyton was standing and he looks terribly nervous now. Another Peyton moment on 2:33 of this video (he's clapping). 2:52 (another Peyton shot). On the last drive (5:13 of this video), Peyton looks thrilled! loves it! =)
Peyton Manning Interview: The "EASY E"Peyton interview [click here]Reporter:
Are you gonna give Eli a punch on his shoulder?Peyton:
I'm gonna give him a big hug. I'm gonna tell him how proud I am and how much I love him.awwwww...so sweet. I love everything that Peyton told the reporter about Eli. He really looks soo happy for his brother. I wonder if there's a
sibling rivalry between these two?
Eli --- Superbowl MVP a year after his brother.Eli interview [click here]Reporter:
You're thoughts on being named as the Superbowl MVP, a year after your brother was named that in the Superbowl. And now you are that, yourself.Eli:
It's been a fun year I'll tell you that. I watched Peyton win it last year. And you know..being here. Seeing the smile on his face. I want that feeling. I want that sense of achievement that you have done something.I like Eli now though I still like Peyton. Well, I don't mind supporting both of them. I love ELi because he looks so down to earth. All of his interview, you'd hear him talking about his team mates, the entire Giants team.
it's on the blood. am I right, Mr. Archie Manning?Mr. Archie Manning [click here]here's the interview of the father....he started it all, yah know???
Eli said it all here....Press Conference [click here]I like this video. It really shows how humble Eli is..
_________________________________________
fine...enough of the football talk.
If you're not a football fan, then you shouldn't have read this post. haha.
I should've warn you earlier that this post is all about football.
oh well...you've almost finish reading this post by now so what difference does it make. You can't get back those 5-10 minutes you spent reading this post, can you?
SMILE...you're with me!