Thursday, January 03, 2008
school stuff and so much in between..
Back to student life again. Today is the last day of registration and since I am a self-confessed procrastinator, I waited for the last minute registration. The most important thing that I should bring is my LakerID card. I looked all over our house but I found nothing. I lost my LakerID! well, I consider that as a blessing since I hate my original LakerID...I looked so ngarag on my picture there. Now I have a good excuse to get a new one! hehe. =)
This is not the first time that I lost my school ID. This same thing happened to me on 2006 when I lost my ID in UST. That was a funny experience! I was with my bestfriends, Marielle and Dane, when I accidentally lost my id. We circle around UST just to look for it..I even checked the trash cans (who knows, people might consider my ID as a piece of junk and it'll just end up in the dumpster!). In the end, I got my ID back (thanks to a good samaritan who surrendered it at the UST Main building).
okay back to the initial topic:
I went to the LakerID office to get a new one. I filled up the form and paid for the replacement fee. The cute blonde guy is in charge at the office today (count that as my second blessing for today!) so I'm happy. A good way to start my day huh? hehe. So that guy told me to stand at a particular spot, wait for him to count in 3, and then wait for him to say if I can move already. I did exactly what he told me - I went to the spot, I waited for him to count in 3, and I smiled whole-heartedly (I told myself that this picture should look better than the original one). okay...I waited for him to instruct me to move (masunuring bata po ako)..then suddenly, there's a guy who came into him and asked him something. The two of them talk and talk..here I am, still smiling and waiting for the cue. After he talked to the guy, he turned into me and said "That's Good!" and I was like "Can I move now? (I'm mumbling my words since I'm still smiling at that moment). We both laugh! It's just the two of us in that room so we can laugh as much as we can. After approximately 5 minutes of chit-chatting with the cute guy, I got my new LakerID! He also cancel my old one since I still have $8 balance on that account (our ID can be use on buying foods on vending machines and Lakeside Cafe, printing some paperworks at smartprint office, buying books and CSU merchandise at the school bookstore, etc.).
here is my new LakerID!
Next stop:
registrationI walk from the University Center to the Technology Building. As I was walking, someone called my name. I hate it when people mispronounce my first name. Here in America, they read it as
Jown [with a silent
a] instead of
Joan [with a pause in between the two syllable]. It's a name with two syllable not just one! but what choice do I have? this is America and that's how they pronounce my name here. Funny how sometimes, people would call me and I will not look at them. Atleast now, I'm getting used to it. Anyway, someone called my name and I was surprised to see Robert - my former sitmate on my Presentational Speaking class and American Government class. This is the first time that he approach me. Before, I was always the first one to greet him everytime we bumped into each other after class. We're not really close - he just always copy my notes since I'm the only one in class that was always taking notes. As in I will always write down almost everything that was coming out of my professor's mouth. But sometimes, if I'm lazy to write, I will just write down the keywords. It's a pressure if a cute guy would copy my notes because I have to make my writing as clear as a spring water. ick. Not to mention the emphasis on grammar stuff! I'm also using different colors of ink..you know..just to make it look cute. =)
Anyway, Robert and I just had a small talk since he's the
NTTMI* type of guy. (*
NTTMI -
Not
Telling
Too
Much
Information. origin: some random stuff that I've learned from my gay friend, Jonathan, when I was still hanging out with him/her during our breaks between classes last semester.]
Too bad, Robert and I don't have any class in common because he will take his co-requisites this semester while I will take my pre-requisites (i'm following my course outline).
Speaking of course outline, I was able to register with full load (12 CH) this semester unlike last semester that I took extra load (15 CH). Most of the class are close already (that's the disadvantage of late registration). I only have to go to school 3 days per week which is good so that I can have more time to work and to relax but I don't really like it! I wanted to take a maximum load (18 CH) so that even if I skip one semester, (I was planning to skip this summer because I want to go back to the Philippines and take a 1 month vacation) my school life would still be on track. I wanted to finish my school as soon as possible and I will do everything, as in
everything, to stay in this fast lane. But life doesn't always turn out the way I plan it to. [sigh] It's ridiculous.
My class will start next week..
oh gosh! back to crunch mode again!
Goodluck to all my fellow student out there!
remember: education is very important.
SMILE...you're with me!