Sunday, January 20, 2008
It's been awhile since the last time I posted on my blog. I've been sooo BUSY these days that I can hardly find time to visit my blog. Anyway, we got a lot of catch-ups to do!
My mom bought me a new laptop last week. Well, I don't really want a new one coz I'm still using "hearty" [yep..my laptop has a name] but this past few days, I can feel as if hearty is giving up on me. I have a lot of school work to do that requires me to use a heavy duty laptop every day. Last semester, I didn't use hearty that much since my subjects are more on fundamentals so I guess hearty was overwhelmed. I stucked up a lot of stuff to hearty's hard drive and memory that made her a poky laptop.
So okay...last monday, I went to the HUB (computer center on our university center) and let them fix it. I met Darius (he's a math major and working as a student assistant in the HUB). At first, he checked my files to see if there is a virus then he went ahead to browse on my files. I was so embarassed! I didn't know that he would seriously check every single file on my laptop. Most of them are my private files [e.g. pictures, videos, music]! Atleast he asked my permission naman...but hello??? if I said no you can't open my files, would he be able to fix my laptop? certainly not. I wish you could see my reaction while Darius was busy browsing on my laptop. I looked as if I wanted to grab my laptop, run away and save myself from all this shame..I wish I didn't brought my laptop here. After 10 minutes of imagination and mind-talking, I realized that Darius is one heck of a charming person. He's not the attention-grabber type of guy, it'll take time before you'd consider him hotness. The more you pay attention to him, the more you'll ador him. Well, I'm the type of person that would instantly distinguish a cute guy from the crowd. I guess I was just exhausted that day (yah..I had a long test on Psychology that morning) that I don't pay too much attention on cute guys. I stared at him and started telling him about hearty. He laughed when I told him that I gave my laptop a name. He was like "Where'd you get that name?"..hehe. I think I told him too much information about my life..I even showed him the pictures of my family and friends. ick. It's a joy ride! I told him a lot of stories behind my photos. Funny how I could connect to a stranger like Darius and ended up sharing a laugh with him. I love meeting new friends! it's nice to know that you'll really enjoy hanging out with them in a long run. Anyways, he said that I should install a new hard drive/memory disk (only Intel or AMD are selling those CD online). I asked him how much is it..my goodness! I was shocked when he told me that it's $200+! i'm lucky if I got rebate or something. So it's like buyng a new reburbished laptop! I think i'd be better off buying a new laptop. Darius gave me his mobile number so I can call him if I needed help on troubleshooting my laptop.
I went home and told my mom about it. I had a hard time explaining my problem to her because she's not a techie-person. In the end, I convinced her to buy me a new one. I bought a Dell Inspiron 1501 and I got a $50 student discount. My new laptop is heavier than my old one and to think that I have to bring this laptop on almost all my class subjects, I think I'm gonna have strong muscles by the end of this semester! And considering that I'm kiti-kiti during my breaks--I'm all over the campus. you'll see me in the library (for photocopies), then you'll see me at the Lakeside Cafe (grab some food), then i have to go back to Tech building or Arts and Science building. It's like carrying a huge rock inside my laptop case. Oh..not to mention my books added to the burden. Now, I got two laptops, hearty and cozy [I named her cozy because this new laptop is so fast and easy to use.]. My mom will bring hearty to the Philippines this May2008 while cozy will stay with me throughout my college life (I hope the life-span of this computer is long enough so I don't have to buy a new one again). I promised my mom that I will take good care of cozy so we don't have to spend another $600+ (tax excluded) on a new laptop. I'll post some photos of cozy next time.
Moving on... I had two long quiz this week..I was so exhausted. It was a very tough week for me. Then on my Word Processing class, chapters 1-7 was due this week so I sat down infront of my laptop for like 6 hours! It's keyboarding...which means, we have to key 30+ words-per-minute using standard techniques. I can type 44 wpm using my own techniques but I have to use the standard technique just to pass this subject. So now..I have to learn all the basics on keyboarding. It's hard to get rid of my old techniques, you know? but sadly...the only way to get an A in this class is to dump my old habit and embrace the proper ways. Oh no...this gotta be hard. =(
Date Lunch..
Last Tuesday, Macey and I had a lunch at the Lakeside Cafe. We haven't seen each other since the school started so expect us to have another talk-marathon. As creepy as it seems..Macey and I were wearing the same shoes! I bought mine last christmas season in Macy's store while Macey bought hers in Zales. We really are best of friends..we got the same taste in almost everything!
One Snowy Day!My class was suspended last Wednesday because of snow. The weather wasn't really that bad but our school board took extra pre-cautions and decided to cancel all the class. This is my first snow experience and I love it!!! You can rarely see snow here in Georgia because we're on the southern part of USA. The weather here is much like the weather in Florida. The average temperature this time of year here in Georgia is 32degrees farenheit..it wasn't as cold as in Minneapolis or New York wherein the temperature is -2degrees!
Football Fever!Another Manning in Superbowl! but this time, it's not
Peyton Manning (Green Bay Packers beat the Inidianapolis Colts [led by Peyton Manning] last week). Superbowl XVII will feature Tom Brady and the undefeated (19-0) New England Patriots versus the underdogs (wildcard team) of
Eli Manning (Peyton's younger brother) and New York Giants. That's awesome! to tell you the truth, I was disappointed when Indianapolis Colts lost their semi-finals game versus the Green Bay last Jan. 13. Everyone was expecting to see Peyton Manning in Superbowl again. Last year, he won the Superbowl MVP and a lot of people have anticipated his back to back to back Superbowl appearance. But the again, that's life! =( obviously, i'm bitter...the Colts didn't make it to the Superbowl then so be it. better luck next year....
Anyway, I watched the NY Giants and GB Packers game earlier in Fox 5. I was so excited to watch the game because i'm expecting to see Peyton there but the commentators said that Peyton choose not to watch the live game because he doesn't want to
jinx his brother. Although Peyton is not physically present there, I still enjoyed watching the game because the commentators keep on mentioning Peyton Manning..perhaps comparing Peyton and Eli. They said that Peyton can be a great football coach someday because he is a perfectionist...even during practice, he would emphasize every small details that can make a huge impact on their plays. As for Eli, the commentators said that he's inconsistent but he's undoubtedly smart. When NY Giants is struggling, Eli would step up and do the right thing. Now, he has proven himself and brought the underdog team of New York Giants to Superbowl. Give Eli a couple of years and I guarantee you that he would be as great as his father [Archie Manning] and his brother [Peyton].
NY Giants won the game and indeed, another Manning made it through the Superbowl. It's 23-20 on overtime. It's a close game! Brett Favre [another hall of famer] is the quarterback of GB Packers and he's soo good. I was so nervous when Tynes (Giants' kicker) failed the field goal and send the two teams in to the overtime. Good thing the Giants intercepted Brett Favre's pass to his receiver (sorry I forgot the name of the guy) and the Giants regain the possesion...right then and there, Eli step up again and do the right thing. He tried to move the football to the field goal area. This time, Tynes can either make or break his team's chance to Superbowl and he made it! it's a great kick from the 43.
After the game, the reporters went to the locker room. It was nice. Everyone's happy. They interviewed the general manager, coach and some players including Eli. The reporter was like
So Eli, how does it feel to bring your underdog team to the Superbowl?. Eli is smiling...I rarely see him smile because he looks as if he's a shy type.
I'm excited..i'm thrilled.., Eli respond. The reporter said,
you don't look excited.. Silly reporter...ELi turned red and said
well i'm not really a loud person but I assure you that i'm really excited. It's a long and crucial way to get here...people don't have faith on our team, like you said we're the underdogs, but we work hard to get in here. This post may contain no sense especially if you're not a football fan. hehe =)
It's 1:00am now and I'm not sleepy yet..good thing we don't have class tomorrow because it's Martin Luther King holiday! atleast I can rest....
oooppss..I have unit tests on Business English and Anatomy & Physiology this week. Wish me luck! =)
SMILE...you're with me!