Thursday, December 20, 2007
a prank call or a stupid mistake?have you ever had someone called you in the middle of the day..you're busy doing other stuff but you still manage to pick up the phone and answer it..only to realize that the person on the other line just dialed the wrong number?
have you ever had someone called you in the middle of the night..you're in the middle of a good sleep but you still manage to pick up the phone and answer it..only to realize that the person on the other line was just making prank calls?
I'm very familiar to those situations because both of them had happened to me. Prank calls..local advertisement..company creditors..people who just dialed the wrong number..I always encounter those stuff. That's why I always turn off my phone if I know I have important things to do. I hate being distracted especially if I'm in the middle of something. Just like I said on my voicemail
...you can call back later or just leave a message. The moment I saw (or rather hear) your voicemail, I'll be calling you back.
Anyway, speaking of phone calls..I received a peculiar phone call yesterday. I was typing a post for my myspace blog when suddenly, my phone rang. The number starts with
404 which means it is from somewhere around here in Georgia. I picked up the phone, just thinking that one of my friends is just using other phone to call me.
me: Hello?
guy: I just want to say something really really important to you
babe. I beg you to listen to me.
me: I'm sorry you probably just dialed the wrong number.
(i uttered those words as fast as i can)guy: please don't do this to me. I don't need you..I don't want you..all I know is that I LOVE YOU. We can work things out. We just had a fight - a normal fight. I understand that we're both mad and angry but we don't have to end this. We'll-
(i cut his next line..if this is just a hoax, i should cut this conversation now before i fall on his bait)me: i'm sorry..I don't know who you are or who is the person you're calling. If I were you, I would save your lines and dial your girlfriend's number again.
(then I hanged up the phone)Is that a prank call? I don't think so. He probably just pushed a wrong digit in his phone and he end up on my phone line. There's something about his voice that moved me. He seems as if he really meant everything that he said on
our phone conversation. I felt the sincerity on his voice when he said
"..I LOVE YOU.",
"..we don't have to end this." and
"We can work things out". It makes me jealous...oh no..not literally "jealous". Jealous in the sense that I wish someday, someone's going to say those exact same words to me. I'm excited...just by thinking about it. Someone's gonna love me to the highest extent possible.
I know I'm only seventeen years old..I still have to wait for a long time to see my happy ending. I will be patient. God surely knows if I'm ready or not. I don't have to be worried. I'll take my time to grow and bloom as a person..then if the right time has finally arrived, I'll be spending the rest of my life with someone that I truly love..my
soulmate. Who knows..maybe I have already met my soulmate..maybe we're already friends..but God knows that our hearts are not ready - and this is not the right time
yet.
I'm not a fan of fairytale happy-endings. When I was young, I used to believe that "all is well that ends well"..but the more I grew up and mature - the less I believe on that. In this world of reality, there's nothing perfect. You and your love may end up together but that doesn't mean everything's okay. That's the time when the unconditional love goes in. There's a difficulty, suffering, fighting, but when both of you managed to go beyond your imperfections - that's the time that you and your love would be very happy.
As for that guy, I hope everything went out well with his girlfriend. I hope he had finally dialed the right number!
SMILE...you're with me!