<body> ?my light will shine when all else fade.
...the girl, JOAN.




*I love the city life, but I'll always be a small town girl at heart.

*I never regret a thing, it's a wasted emotion

*I live life to the fullest each day. I've seen that life is just too short not to take chances.

*I am outgoing and i do crazy stuff especially when i'm with my friends

*I love taking pictures and writing on my blog so that someday, I can say these words to myself:
"..I have lived a happy life."

*I don't let things bother me or get in my way..I will succeed because I know I will.

*I am a risk-taker; what's the sense of making mistakes if you can't learn from them?

*Nothing could go wrong if I just follow my heart

*What doesn't kill you will make you stronger and tougher.

*-AD ASTRA PER ASPERA-; TO THE STARS, THROUGH DIFFICULTIES*



This is ME. Like me or Hate me. Either way this is my page and you chose to be in here.

that's all i can say...just read my posts to know more about me


...MY DESIRES


This is my page so please behave here!

Constructive Comments are very much appreciated

If you can't follow my SIMPLE rules here...better leave and do your own thing.

enjoy your stay!!!

___ JOAN ___

...OUR GOSSIPS



...FALLING STAR


I wished upon a shooting star Falling to it's death
My wish came true
It brought me to you
But only to show me
Just to share with me
What I can't have
I am like a star
Flickering in the night
One minute you make me feel so right
The next second I run away
Afraid of being happy
I am an angel with a broken wing
I hide it with a mask
I have so many deep wounds
I have been scared
It is not my fault that I am this way
He did it to me
He cut me so deep
There's so much hurt inside
I have hidden it well
But my heart has been torn
I feel like Hell
Please heal my wounds
Help me to love you
I already do
but help me to stay by your side
Before I fall to my lonely death
Just like the star that brought me to you

***

...CONNECTIONS



Bestfriend Marielle

Lara Desiree

Cindy

Roseann

Fei

Kei

Gagay

Athina

Grazie

Akisha

Joan

Kim

Bestfriend Medz

Trisha

Sherilyn

Lara

Clayton State University

St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church

University of Santo Tomas

Quezon City Academy


...MEMORIES
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008

  • ...COOL SITES

    Youth For Christ



    College Board



    Georgia Bulldogs



    Peyton Manning Site



    Tom Brady Fansite



    Indianapolis Colts



    Daughtry



    Four Days Late



    Copeland



    Crumbling Arches



    Wednesday, December 26, 2007


    Memorable Christmas


    I thought that my first Christmas here in America would be one of the saddest day of my life - for this is the first Christmas that I am thousands of miles away from my friends and family.

    December 23 - "Unexpected Gifts"

    It's sunday and as usual, it's my church day. I promised myself that i will spend most of my sunday time to our church activities. I didn't get much sleep the night before but I still manage to be as "energetic" as I can. Most of the active parishoners were present on our 9am mass. There are so many things that happened that day and I'm so lazy to type it all here. In short, I received a couple of gifts that I wasn't expecting. Dexther gave me a 30-inches-tall Teddy Bear. It was really big..oh no..let me correct that - it's HUGE!
    Indeed, the most special gift I've ever received is from a very special person, Daniel. It's a cuddly puppy (not a real one). I can't believe that he still remember the time when I mentioned that I want to have a cute white puppy but I can't afford a real one right now. yup..it's so expensive to own a real dog (not to mention the bills for veterinarian, foods, etc.). And since I can't afford it right now, he gave me a doll. Here's the picture:




    The gift is elusive because it came from someone..a person that is so close to my heart. okay fine..call me biased here but I still consider the gift from Daniel, the most favorite gift I received this christmas.

    [*special shoutout: thanks to Jai, for the iTunes gift cards. Macey for the shower gift set. Mackenzie for the cute journal. Kathleen for the pull-out German calendar. Ashley and Inez for the German chocolates. Lily for the carrot cake mix. Josh for the wireless mouse (you know i need it!). Chris for the new USB. Ced for the 2GB memory card (for my digicam). Hae Sung for the flippy. and the list goes on...]

    December 24 - The Promise

    This day is such a busy day for me. I have to rest my body that's why I woke up around 11am. I received a couple of calls from my friends. I love you all comrades! I helped my mom to cook some foods...ooh yummy! then I went to attend our Christmas Eve mass. As expected, most of my friends are there. I love seeing Chris and Joshua duo attend the mass again (they are both studying in Georgia Tech in Downtown Atlanta and they just came home for winter school break). I miss hanging out with these boys...my life was never the same without Chris and Joshua goofing around. I am over-joyed to see the same old, brand new Chris and Joshua. The two guys (i can no longer call them "boys" because they're in college already) who always put smile on my face..two positive souls that keeps me on my feet. Ofcourse, there are some changes on the way they look but they are still the same Chris and Joshua, my favorite brothers. The moment I saw Josh, I remember my favorite series "The O.C.". Joshua looks so much like Seth (Adam Brody) now!




    After the mass, my friends and I went to the parish hall and out of nowhere..I saw Daniel there! he talked to me and gave me a box of chocolates. He's sweet, isn't he?




    Daniel told me that he went to my house and talked to my mom. That's when he found out that I was at the church. you see? he's keeping his promises to me. He still reached out for me this Christmas Eve. He kept his promise; he stand by his words. I hate to say this but I'd rather not spoil my Daniel moment. Who knows? I might change my mind later and share the rest of the story to all of you, my loving readers.

    Back to the topic:
    Celebrating the Christmas Eve with amazing people is very rewarding. The people in our church is a part of my family now...they are very special to me. They are my treasures and I wouldn't exchange them for anything in this world.

    By the way, we called some relatives in the Philippines. I'm really happy to hear their voices! I miss you guys and gals there in the Philippines!

    December 25 - Christmas Day

    It's my mom's birthday! yup..she was born on the same day that Jesus was born which made my mom, a very special person. We went to the house of Ate Alicia to celebrate Christmas. It was fun! I ate lotsa Filipino foods that I was craving for. Most of the people there speaks tagalog and I felt as if I'm in the Philippines again. We had Filipino music as well...ooohhhh..i miss it! well, I'm not really fond of singers like Regine Velazquez, Martin Nievera, Sam Milby, Willie Revillame, etc. but I do miss tagalog songs...so what the heck?? it's Christmas so i'll be singing baduy tagalog songs today!

    That's all for now folks!
    I was planning to post a longer one but right now, my time is very limited. My laptop is running slower than the usual and I suspect that it got some kind of virus so I asked Macey's brother to fix it for me.
    Oooh I gotta go..
    i'll be using Nick's computer for a couple of days. I was informed that it's a Mac so.....wish me luck?!? I hope that laptop wasn't as complicated..i'm so eng-eng pa naman when it comes to "advance" electronics like that.

    I hope you had a meaningful Christmas with the people that's important to your life!

    Merry Christmas!
    Boas Festas e Feliz Ano Novo (thanks for the Brazilian translation from Lily)
    Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan (Mandarin - thanks Hae Sung!)
    Froehliche Weihnachten (German - thanks Kathleen!)
    Joyeux Noel (French - thanks to my mom!)
    Mele Kalikimaka ame Hauoli Makahiki Hou! - (Hawaiian - thanks Carrie!)
    Maligayang Pasko!

    SMILE...you're with me!